- This event has passed.
Magnus & Friends Festival – August 20, 2022 11:30 AM to 9:00 PM
August 20, 2022 @ 11:30 am - 9:00 pm
The Magnus & Friends Festival takes place, Saturday, August 20th from 11:30 a.m.- 9:00 p.m. at Magnus Veterans Foundation, 16861 North Diamond Lake Road, Dayton, MN.
Event tickets are $30.00 each and kids (12 & under) free. To buy your tickets go to www.magnusveteransfoundation.org and click on events. You may also purchase on event day and wristbands will be provided so you may re-enter. Proceeds from the 1st Annual Magnus & Friends Festival will be used to support Veterans and family members with FREE specialized health care at Magnus Veterans Wellness Campus in Dayton.
It’s going to be a fabulous event with great music, food/beverage trucks, Veterans booths and more. We’re planning a full spectacular day of entertainment, a HUGE Kids Karnival with doors opening at 11:30am. Including Free Games, Prizes, Carnival Foods and Treats. Touch of Magic – Fabulous Face Painting and Brilliant Balloon Artists will be there from 1:00pm to 4:00pm. There will also be a bicycle giveaway drawing for twelve (12) lucky kids at 4:00pm. BOB106 FM will be onsite and broadcasting live to share our event. Bring your lawn chairs, blankets and bring your friends and enjoy a fantastic time…don’t miss out on the fun…. hope to see you there!
Musical entertainment for the event features; Hitchville, local talent starting at 1:00pm, Royal Pop with band members coming from across 3 cities – New York City, Chicago & the Twin Cities starting at 4:30pm and Matt Tucker from Nashville, NC starting at 7:00pm.
3:00pm – Special Guest Speaker: Captain Mitch Torrel, U.S. Air Force Special Tactics Officer
Captain Torrel, a MN native, was called upon to lead a Humanitarian Aid Response Team in Tham Luang, Thailand. As the operations officer responsible for senior level coordination between, military, civilian, and diplomatic entities; Captain Torrel helped develop, coordinate, and implement a rescue plan across cultural and linguistic divides. The Tham Luang Cave Rescue was a resounding success, saving the lives of all trapped 12 soccer boys and their coach in the flooded cave as depicted in the National Geographic Documentary Film “The Rescue”.
Magnus is holding a MEGA-Raffle, tickets are on sale now and winners will be drawn on the day of the Festival.
We have two separate raffles:
1st Raffle – Prize is a 2022 Ford Bronco Sport — price per ticket is $25.00.
2nd Raffle – Also will be drawn at the Festival with tickets at $5 each, there are multiple drawings for 8 different winners:
- Guided Hunting Trip to LeBlanc’s Rice Creek – Little Falls, MN – Pheasant Hunt Package for 6 hunters, with a wild game dinner and cabin rental – Value $2,000 (Donated by Deerwood Bank)
- Swarovski 10×42 E Range – Binocular/Laser Rangefinder & Gift Items – Value $3,500 (Donated by Diamond Products)
- Polaris Adventures Veterans Ride & Stay – Side by Side / Snowmobile experience – Winner chooses. Stay at Arrowhead Mountain Lodge, Cimarron, CO. Travel voucher included & Gift Items. – Value $2,500 (Donated by Polaris)
- Clam X-600 Thermal Hub Ice Shelter, Striker Winter Jacket & Bibs, Vexilar & Gift Items – Value $2,000 (Donated by Private Party)
- MN Wild Hockey Tickets, Memorabilia & Gift Items – Value $1,200 (Donated by Private Party)
- MN Viking Football Tickets, Memorabilia & Gift Items – Value $1,200 (Donated by RBC Wealth Management)
- Cabela’s $1,000 Gift Card & Gift Items – Value $1,250 (Donated by Diamond Products)
- Home Depot $2,000 Gift Card & Gift Items – Value $2,200 (Donated by Diamond Products)
Buy your MEGA-Raffle tickets at Magnus Veterans Foundation during normal business hours Monday–Thursday 8:00am to 4:00pm or at any of our other events, or call Diane at 763-639-1573.